Hash oil lab may be to blame for Spring Valley fire that burned man


Evidence of a hash oil lab was found after dousing a fire that tore through a Spring Valley garage and left a man with burns, a sheriff’s official said Sunday.

Deputies were sent to assist with the fire on Maria Avenue near blank about 10:10 p.m. Saturday.

Soon after arriving, they found the injured man. He was taken to a hospital with burns to about 30 percent of his body, sheriff’s Lt. Tom Seiver said.

After the blaze was put out, authorities found large canisters of butane, marijuana and a pressure system that officials suspect was used to make hash oil.

Hash oil labs, also called butane honey oil labs, are used to extract THC — the chemical compound that gets people high — from marijuana. They are considered extremely dangerous since the process involved uses butane, which is extremely flammable. The labs regularly catch fire or explode.

Drug detectives, a hazardous materials team and the sheriff’s bomb/arson squad were called to investigate the Spring Valley blaze.

No arrests were made.

Twitter: @karenkucher

(619) 293-1350

karen.kucher@sduniontribune.com





Source link

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *