Man Badly Burned in Fire at Marijuana-Filled Garage in Spring Valley


Share This Article:

Sheriff's vehicle
A San Diego Sheriff’s vehicle. Photo by Alexander Nguyen

Firefighters putting out a garage fire in Spring Valley discovered pounds of unprocessed marijuana and a man who suffered burns to approximately 30 percent his body, as a result of the fire.

“No arrests have been made, and the case is still under investigation,” said Lt. Tom Seiver of the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department.

Deputies from the sheriff’s Rancho San Diego station were called out at 10:11 p.m. Saturday to the 900 block of Maria Avenue to assist firefighters with a garage fire and upon their arrival located a man who suffered burns to approximately 30 percent of his body, Seiver said.

Paramedics transported the victim to the regional burn center at UCSD Medical Center, where his condition was not known.

“Once the fire was extinguished, large canisters of butane gas were located, as well as pounds of unprocessed marijuana,” he said. “There was a closed loop pressure system in the garage, which is believed to have been used to process the marijuana into concentrated cannabis oil or ‘oil honey.”‘

— City News Service

Man Badly Burned in Fire at Marijuana-Filled Garage in Spring Valley was last modified: May 6th, 2018 by Chris Jennewein

Follow Us:







Source link

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *