Man Burned In Spring Valley Marijuana Fire


SPRING VALLEY, CA — A marijuana operation inside a Spring Valley garage may have sparked a fire that burned 30 percent of a man’s body. The incident was reported around 10:11 p.m. in the 900 block of Maria Avenue, according to the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department.

Arriving firefighters found a male resident who was burned. He was transported to the UCSD Medical Center for treatment.

Once the fire was extinguished, large canisters of butane gas were located as well as pounds of unprocessed
marijuana. There was a closed loop pressure system in the garage which is believed to have been used to
process the marijuana into concentrated cannabis oil or “honey oil,” officials said.

Narcotics Task Force, HAZMAT and Sheriff’s Bomb/Arson detectives responded to investigate. No arrests have been made as the case is still under investigation.

–Photo via Shutterstock

Get the La Mesa-Mount Helix newsletter

Subscribe





Source link

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *